- LOTTO -
Estimated time to read: 2 Minutes
If you are reading this you most likely already have played Lotto. You are actually doing it right now(if you are at the moment on a confirmation page). – How?
Freegenday uses a Lotto system for the give away of codes. The difference between the system of this website and real lotto – here it’s free to participate. We are a so-called Sweepstakes site
Even though real Lotto could be considered a scam, because the chances of winning are incredibly low, it will not be the topic of the article. We will speak about the Lotto scam that comes through your email inbox(or other ways to contact you).
How the Scam works
You will receive an email/ text message or a phone call, claiming that you have won a lot of money or something that is worth a lot of money(a laptop, a vacation, a tv, …).
They want you to contact them.
A problem will occur that explains why you can not get the prize at once. The problem will be the reason for Step 3.
They will ask or even demand money from you, or else you will not receive the prize.
Detecting the Signs
- The message will come randomly(you have not participated in the given Lottery)
- The Scammer will tell you that it is a random”international” Lottery
- Using the words “legal” or “legitimate” and “government approval”
- The language of the message will be like reading Terms and Conditions
- The Scammer wants you not to tell anyone until you have received the prize
- You will be asked to contact him fast because the prize claim will expire very fast(to set you under pressure)
- You will be asked to give contact data and bank information
- At some point, the Scammer will demand or ask for money for one or more of reasons: Taxes, transfer cost, ticket cost,…
If you really would have won something, they would never ask you for a fee.